Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

For 2014 Tax Tips For Year 2014.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-15-2017, 09:09 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 2
Amended Return

My ex wife and I were legally separated all of 2014. She used my kids as leverage and filed 2014 taxes stating we were married. She didn't work the entire year and wouldn't get a return if she didn't use me. She lived in an entirely different state. She filed our taxes, signed my name, didn't tell me until after it was done and threatened to keep my kids from me if I changed anything.

I have wanted to file an amended return since it happened, but I needed to clear all of our legal hurdles first to ensure she can't use the kids again.

What can I do? What are the repercussions of amending and what is the best way to go about doing it?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Amended return? jahh Miscellaneous 1 02-28-2015 07:48 PM
Amended Return? snubbie99 Miscellaneous 5 10-16-2014 09:35 PM
How do I owe so much on my amended return?? gatorade81 For 2013 2 03-13-2014 07:02 AM
Amended Return Now or No? twopeaedpod For 2013 1 02-27-2014 01:56 PM
Amended return kheld3 Miscellaneous 0 03-12-2010 06:17 PM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning