Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

For 2016 Tax Tips For Year 2016.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2017, 10:14 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1
Long Term Care Qualified Plan Filing Question

My wife died in late 2015 and I filed a final joint return with her for that year. In 2016 I received some money from an LTC qualified policy for her care (paid in her name with her SSN). In 2017 I received a 1099LTC for the 2016 payments. How do I report the 1099LTC income? I know it goes on Form 8853 (where her name and SSN are recorded), BUT am I again filing a joint return? Since a final return was filed do I amend/re-file it? As the surviving spouse, I received the money but it is not reported under my SSN.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Are meals & lodgings related to long-term-care deductible? TaxGuru Medical 1 08-05-2013 06:48 AM
Long Term Care Disbursements egmacrae Medical 0 02-21-2011 10:03 PM
How do I explain the need for Long Term Care to my clients? bookkeeping Retirement Planning 1 06-10-2008 07:26 AM
Who should be getting Long Term Care Coverage? TaxGuru Retirement Planning 1 03-05-2008 06:50 PM
Don't forget to deduct your Long Term Care Premiums! TaxGuru Itemized Deductions 0 04-01-2007 12:44 AM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning

» Recent Tax Q&A
No Threads to Display.