Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

For 2016 Tax Tips For Year 2016.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-26-2017, 02:43 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1
disabled child question

My wife recieves paid parent income for taking care of our medically disabled son 8 year old son who needs 100% care for all functions. I was told that this income is not to be claimed as income but nobody can tell me how? She does get a W2 for this from the provider that pays her through the county. I was also told that her former salary compared to what she currently makes doing this could be claimed as a loss? it is a significant income change, almost $40000 less per year. The problem is that her paid parent income is taxed at a low rate, she only makes about $17000 per year doing it, but when i entered that income on my tax return I go from getting a return to owing over $2000 (before other standard deductions). Please help. We do pay a "parental fee" of $6536.28 per year to be eligible for Medical Assistance which opens op the option for paid parent and other benefits. I dont know what I can and cannot claim here or how to do it. Please help.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
disabled child kevininsiouxfalls For 2014 1 01-25-2015 07:02 AM
Divorce decree says husband can claim child as dependant - child turned 18, now wife says she is claiming son - Help. MacieRayne Divorce Tax Issues 2 02-07-2014 01:03 PM
child custody tax question madawg22 Divorce Tax Issues 3 11-26-2011 03:02 AM
Is rent paid to parents from disabled child's ssi money considered income for the parents? troutmaster Rental Real-Estate 3 02-08-2011 12:59 AM
qualifying child question farmer Miscellaneous 1 03-01-2008 05:49 PM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning

» Recent Tax Q&A
No Threads to Display.