Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

For 2016 Tax Tips For Year 2016.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-25-2017, 04:35 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1
claiming my neices

my sister and the father of her children are split up. amidst the craziness she moved in with me for about 5 months and I supported her and her kids. since she couldn't pay me, and he owes her thousands in child support, they both suggested that I claim the kids. I wasn't sure if I could since it wasn't 6 months that they lived with me and she never changed her address. both of the parents are on ssi also. any insight would be appreciated

Last edited by downwith2dope : 01-25-2017 at 04:41 PM.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
claiming dependants sabrinaC3 Divorce Tax Issues 0 03-09-2016 07:24 PM
LLC Not claiming a loss kenn123 Limited Liability Company 1 11-16-2014 03:44 PM
Claiming a child tams2865 Divorce Tax Issues 1 01-18-2013 05:15 PM
Claiming my daughter? mikky500 Miscellaneous 3 01-27-2011 01:58 AM
Claiming 18 yr old ddunlavy Itemized Deductions 0 02-11-2010 04:02 PM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning

» Recent Tax Q&A
No Threads to Display.