Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

For 2016 Tax Tips For Year 2016.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-16-2016, 11:46 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 1
too much into childcare FSA


I could use some help. I changed jobs midyear and had already contributed $3k into my childcare FSA. I just realized that I contributed another $3k with my new job. That leaves an excessive contribution of $1k.

From what I understand, I would just note this over contribution on my 1099-SA, and then that money would be added to my total income. My question is, is excessive contribution treated like an HSA? Can I get any of the excessive contribution back? If not, I assume I can still submit receipts for the money until the FSA deadline date- I will just have to pay taxes on the excessive funds?

Thanks for helping me iron this out.



Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Childcare Flexible Account union410 For 2013 0 11-11-2013 04:40 PM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning

» Recent Tax Q&A
No Threads to Display.