Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-01-2016, 08:47 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 4
On the road constantly, where to file federal taxes?


My son, a recent college graduate, has just started his first job. He will be traveling from city to city constantly throughout the first year, living in hotels, and not establishing residence in any state, to include the state where his company is located (which has state income tax). He will not be in any one state for more than a few weeks, and he will be paid by his company, and not earn income from state resources. His home of record is in Florida, where there is no state income tax. Where should he file his federal taxes?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Employer did not take federal taxes ukyank73 Miscellaneous 1 01-29-2015 11:53 PM
federal taxes Tameka Miscellaneous 0 03-22-2014 02:44 PM
Rail Road Retirement paychek44 Income 1 04-15-2012 09:48 AM
Do You Need to File a Federal Income Tax Return? TaxGuru Filing Requirements 0 02-13-2008 10:41 AM
Do i have to pay Estimated federal taxes for my S corporation? Dwhite S-Corporation 1 03-27-2007 09:37 AM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning