Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-02-2016, 10:03 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1
File Capital loss for Master Limited Partnerships

I bought and sold stocks of a MLP and the brokerage sent me a tax reporting statement which did not calculate the loss incurred upon selling the MLP. I understand that I have received a K1 form to be filed related to that MLP.

Question is can I deduct the loss incurred through stock transactions of that MLP like any other stock and claim capital loss?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Capital loss OmegaMan Capital Gains 2 10-03-2015 07:01 PM
Capital Loss CapitalLoss Capital Gains 2 03-04-2014 09:43 PM
Which Partnerships are required to file Form 8804 and Form 8805? TaxGuru Limited Liability Company 0 05-06-2013 02:45 PM
Effective 2011, all paid tax practitioners who prepare returns for partnerships are required to file all partnership returns Form NJ-1065 by electronic means. TaxGuru New Jersey 0 01-31-2012 05:08 PM
IRS eases on Passive Loss Tests for Limited Partners and LLC Owners! TaxGuru Rental Real-Estate 0 01-02-2012 04:39 PM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning