What are the Eligibility Rules for Stafford Loans?
There are stringent rules regarding the application for Stafford Loans. These are as follows:
1. The Student must have submitted a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
2. For subsidized Stafford loans, the Student must have financial need as determined by your school.
3. The Student must be a U.S. citizen or national, a U.S. permanent resident, or eligible non-citizen.
4. The Student must be enrolled or plan to enroll at least half time.
5. The Student must be accepted for enrollment or attend a school that participates in the Federal Family Education Loan Program.
6.The Student must not be in default on any education loan or owe a refund on an education grant.