Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-30-2015, 11:57 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2
Angry Transferring money from a non-US resident as a gift

My elderly parents who are non-residents and not US citizens will be sending me large monetary gifts. I have a foreign country's power of attorney for both of them and will be aiding them in transferring the monetary gifts.
There will be some checks from a financial institution that will be made in their names that I will be endorsing for them (with my POA) . I was planning on opening a couple foreign bank accounts in the foreign country for the sole purpose of depositing these checks and then wiring the funds out to myself, a permanent U.S. resident. Of course, I will be declaring these accounts with the IRS. Would there be any U.S. tax complications and tax implications?

I would appreciate any input or info.
Thanks in advance.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gift - from non US resident - limit / tax Deva Miscellaneous 1 03-11-2014 06:43 PM
Tax on gift money from parents abroad golf2000 Income 2 01-29-2014 09:38 AM
Transferring an employee from 1099 to W2? Accel2013 Payroll 1 06-20-2013 06:19 AM
Transferring foreign earned income Jjodabell Income 1 03-10-2012 06:03 PM
Transferring Ownership of S-Corp Tax Question wonthropt S-Corporation 2 07-18-2008 12:21 PM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning