Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-02-2009, 12:23 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1
Back Taxes, Unfiled Returns, Need Advice

Well all of my anxiety, procrastination and advoidance has come to a head. I am 27 years old and have made some serious tax mistakes over the past few years and I need help getting things moving in the right direction.

2002-2003: These years I had unemployment wages and a job delivering newspapers as a subcontractor. Neither of which were taxed during the time I did them, so when I filed I freaked out at what I owed and left them off the return. Now I owe roughly $3,000 in tax, penalties and interest. I recieved a garnishment notice from my employer and called the IRS to try and fix things with a payment plan but:

2005 & 2006: I owed money these years as well, and filed extensions and never ended up filing. The guy at ACS told me I needed to file these before I could set up any payment arrangement and gave me until the 13th to fax these in, he also mailed me all my W-2 documentation for these years since I have no saved records.

I know I have made some really big mistakes, but I am trying to get things worked out now without the IRS taking 80% of my pay. I have an anxiety disorder that has made me want to advoid dealing with this at all costs, but I know have that in check and need to get working on this. Any advice on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tax advice for Residence in multiple states enrito2000 Multistate Tax Issues 1 07-15-2008 09:46 AM
Stock Transaction Advice paresh24 Capital Gains 1 03-04-2008 11:12 AM
Will the IRS reduce the Rebate check to me if I owe back taxes? disa Miscellaneous 1 02-24-2008 10:55 PM
Form 6781 and line 6 (whether to carry back loss) 6781 Capital Gains 0 08-05-2007 01:45 AM
What is the impact of AMT taxes on individual tax returns? aron Alternative Minimum Tax 0 04-03-2007 01:50 AM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning

» Recent Tax Q&A
No Threads to Display.