Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

For 2014 Tax Tips For Year 2014.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-08-2015, 09:11 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1
ITIN Question

A friend of mine is going through a separation. They are legal aliens in the US. Her husband is exempt from paying US tax and she does not work, therefore they have not filed a return in prior years.

In order for her to begin to separate her life from his, she would like to start to build her own credit. She does not have a SS number, and does not qualify for SS benefits. She would like to apply for an ITIN. Can she file a tax return showing zero income with a filing status of Married filing separately even if her husband continues to not file a return?

She would only be filing in order to apply for the ITIN.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can I claim a child tax credit of previous year 2011 now in 2014, which I did not claim on 2011 as my son does not have ITIN purilokesh For 2011 8 03-31-2015 10:11 PM
ITIN and Federal Tax Return---Help!!!!!! angelaashworth For 2013 1 05-22-2013 10:29 PM
ITIN and Federal Tax Return---Help!!!!!! angelaashworth For 2013 1 05-22-2013 10:29 PM
AGI Question - foreign income question tikomh Income 1 04-09-2012 09:22 AM
Itin Neo2741 Filing Requirements 7 01-28-2011 02:05 AM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning