Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

For 2014 Tax Tips For Year 2014.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-29-2015, 03:27 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 3
File 1040X for 2013 and 1040X for 2012 together

My father needs to file Form 1040X, Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return for tax year 2013 and 2012.

For tax year 2013 he owes $6,000, and for tax year 2012 he overpaid $4,000, so he only owes the IRS $2,000 net.

He would like to file the Form 1040X for 2013 and Form 1040X for 2012 together (consolidated). Can he mail both the forms in the same envelope? The IRS should know that he only owes $2000.

Please note, my father always files the taxes hand written on paper Form 1040 (the old-fashioned way) since he absolutely does not know computer.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help with 1040X explanation! sailormike Income 1 06-08-2011 04:41 AM
1040x ?? pjm333 Miscellaneous 4 04-29-2011 07:54 PM
Additional Income, Need to file 1040x jdedad Income 1 02-15-2011 01:00 AM
1040x EIC help Mwill75 Miscellaneous 1 07-06-2010 03:49 PM
how to file a 1040x pscomputerguy Miscellaneous 1 06-06-2010 10:59 PM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning