Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-28-2015, 04:59 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1
mistakenly paid tax on ira earnings when earned

ok, my bad, but because the 1099-int forms that banks sent me showed only the total interest, not itemizing ira interest separately, my 1040 included ira earnings as interest income each year (for about the past 20 yrs or so) - what can i do now to recoup? can i just wait until i w/draw and claim "credit" at that time for the amount of taxes i have already paid - and avoid paying (again) on the total w/drawal? ...or must i file corrected 1040 forms for each of those past years?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Paid in 2012, earned in 2011. Which return? marshak Income 1 02-11-2012 07:41 PM
retained earnings rdknight C-Corporation 1 11-21-2009 02:34 PM
W-2 earnings and 1099 income paid to the same employee spudmonkey43434 Income 0 08-26-2008 09:00 PM
Why Taxpayers should review State Taxes paid in 2007 versus Sales Taxes Paid in 2007? TaxGuru Itemized Deductions 1 03-04-2008 08:18 PM
W2 - Income earned VS Income paid shelz7345 Income 3 03-04-2008 11:52 AM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning