Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

Itemized Deductions Schedule-A

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2015, 10:07 AM
Posts: n/a
How to correct a tax return filed electronically and already approved?

I know just the basics when it comes to taxes and IRS. So I went to a tax professional to prepare my taxes. He filed my taxes electronically (e-file) and it was approved right there.

I double-checked the documentation before filing and signed it at his office. But when I came back home, I realized he added an expense for gas which is way over what I used last year for gas. I mean, it is an exaggeration - above $3000.00. I work from home, thus I had home-office deductions, and I do not use the car that much for business purposes.

I want to be honest and I want to correct this situation. I am guessing the tax professional made a mistake, but ultimately it is my responsibility to make sure the information is correct and I failed in this.

My question is - how should I correct this mistake? My return was already filed and approved. Appreciate it.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Filed as C-Corp but is S-Corp, how to correct nandafmoraes S-Corporation 1 03-08-2015 02:25 AM
Shouldn't have filed Schedule C - how to correct? rtaa Income 1 05-02-2013 03:27 AM
How do you correct a previously filed Form 941 if you have found an error? TaxGuru Miscellaneous 0 09-24-2009 08:19 PM
Will IRS accept an amended tax return that is electronically filed? Allard Filing Requirements 1 12-03-2007 10:07 AM
How do you correct a tax return that was not correctly filed? aron Miscellaneous 1 04-04-2007 08:19 PM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning