Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-2015, 11:20 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 3
NRE accounts


I have a NRE account in india(offshore account) which provides interest of 4% annually and interest 12.5% earned from FD but they do not provide 1099 form showing the interest I earned for that particular year. Should I be reporting this income to IRS while filling taxes although I do file FBAR form to notify IRS for the amount held in those account.
My tax account says that since this money is not bought into US Banks, I don't need to notify IRS. I am wondering if he is right.

Thanks For the help,


Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Contribution and Withdrawal from IRA accounts chandra0102 IRA/Sep 1 02-10-2014 12:40 AM
Joint Checking Accounts and Taxes kansas_nurse Income 1 10-21-2013 01:18 AM
If a person has multiple accounts each with less than $10,000, does he have to file a FBAR? TaxGuru For 2013 0 06-24-2013 01:53 PM
How do filers of the FBAR report their accounts to the IRS? TaxGuru Filing Requirements 0 08-15-2011 11:44 PM
What are Coverdell Education Savings Accounts? paulamar Education Planning 1 03-28-2008 09:03 PM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning