Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

For 2014 Tax Tips For Year 2014.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-21-2015, 08:03 PM
Master Broshi
Posts: n/a
1099-MISC from Vested Stock Bonus

In 2012-3 I worked for a company where part of my yearly bonus was paid in stock. I left the company in early 2013 but I am still vesting. This year I was sent a 1099-MISC for the stock that was awarded to me. How do I report this on my taxes? TurboTax wants me to file form SS-8 which would report to the IRS that this was supposed to be reported on a W-2. But that doesn't sound right. Should I just fill in "Consulting" as the reason for the payment and move on?

Master Broshi

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1099-misc elleshanklin Income 1 02-28-2014 11:40 AM
1099 MISC referral bonus income tatyana77_ Income 3 03-16-2011 03:19 AM
1099-misc fuzzybritches15 S-Corporation 0 10-20-2010 06:55 PM
1099-misc jmecooper Income 1 02-12-2009 06:20 PM
Help with 1099-B and Schedule D, Wal-Mart Stock Maintenance Fee AnezaTN Capital Gains 1 02-02-2009 11:39 PM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning