Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-11-2015, 01:59 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1
K-1 to a non-shareholder?

I am the sole owner/shareholder of an S corporation in Illinois. I was wondering if it would be possible to issue a K-1 (report the income) to my son who is filing as an independent? My son is neither a shareholder nor an officer in my company. However, I plan on transferring the ownership of the corporation to him this year. That being said, can he report my company's last year (2013) income on his taxes, through a K-1, even though he holds no stock in the corporation? I realize that this may be an unusual question, but I would really appreciate if I could get some professional input on this matter. Please let me know if you need any further information or clarification.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Loans from shareholder? Help! Island S-Corporation 2 09-14-2013 11:37 AM
Loan from shareholder and deductibility TaxWhiteBelt S-Corporation 2 02-21-2013 02:38 PM
Loan given to shareholder of C corporation sameer1968 C-Corporation 0 12-22-2009 05:33 AM
scorp purchase a car from shareholder acatstrata Auto Expenses 0 03-24-2009 11:07 AM
Shareholder basis arcteryx S-Corporation 1 11-29-2007 04:52 PM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning

» Recent Tax Q&A
No Threads to Display.