Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

For 2014 Tax Tips For Year 2014.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-09-2015, 06:02 PM
Posts: n/a
IRA Conversion

in 2012, i took a traditional IRA deduction for a $3000 traditional ira contribution. In December 2014, the IRS notified me that it was disallowed and that i owed about $800, which i paid. So i am not double taxed when i retire, i want to convert that $3000 to a roth now because it has now been taxed as if it was a Roth Ira (and if i dont convert, it will be taxed again when i retire since its still in traditional IRA). How do i do this- IRA form 6848 doesnt help because if i were to complete it as it states, i would owe taxes on the conversion- even though i paid it already. Thanks

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

« 982 | 1098-T help »

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Roth Conversion knicholson Retirement Planning 1 01-05-2014 06:55 AM
LLC to S-Corp Conversion 2010 mgd2312 S-Corporation 1 03-31-2011 09:38 PM
Roth conversion taxes randynicar IRA/Sep 1 03-04-2011 04:10 AM
Question re: IRA conversion to roth jkbarber IRA/Sep 0 03-16-2010 10:47 PM
S corp conversion to an LLC any2c S-Corporation 0 07-24-2009 12:55 PM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning