Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-11-2014, 06:37 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1
1099misc help, please!

I live in one unit of a condo duplex, the other unit was owned by the bank after the guy lost his job and fail to pay mortgage. The Home insurance of our duplex was covered by a single policy which has my name as the contact person. During the time the bank took ownership of the other unit, the bank did not pay its share (half) of the home insurance premium. Fear to lose coverage, I had to pay in full to maintain insurance coverage. Eventually I had to go to the small claim court to get back exactly what they owed me. However, the bank through its attorney sent me the check as 1099misc. Now there is the problem, I just got a letter from IRS stating that I failed to report this "income".

Essentially I paid bill for the bank, the bank paid me back with 1099misc, and now I have to pay tax?

Thank you very much!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1099misc rose2864 Income 1 03-16-2013 05:50 PM
1099misc for EIC Gdobson Income 0 02-01-2012 07:38 PM
1099misc-Divorced epione14 Income 1 01-31-2012 10:06 AM
1099MISC- self-employeed epione14 Income 1 01-31-2012 06:08 AM
1099misc with s corporation status NWohiotech S-Corporation 1 03-12-2008 11:00 AM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning