Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2014, 06:45 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1
Question Not With Child For The Whole 2013


I haven't filed my taxes of yet, but im a bit confused at how or what i need to do it this time around. Last year my child was with me until the middle of the year. so when i was employed in the beginning of 2013 i claimed him on my w4 ect.

He now lives with his father in Texas as of June. How will i file my taxes accordingly?

If my ex husband filed his taxes claiming the child for full year of 2013...what could happen?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
If same-sex spouses (who file using the married filing separately status) have a child, which parent may claim the child as a dependent TaxGuru For 2013 0 02-10-2014 06:10 PM
Divorce decree says husband can claim child as dependant - child turned 18, now wife says she is claiming son - Help. MacieRayne Divorce Tax Issues 2 02-07-2014 01:03 PM
Tax Filing tips for 2013 angelaashworth For 2013 0 11-21-2013 04:11 PM
IRS issues tax tips for Newlyweds for 2013 TaxGuru For 2013 2 11-20-2013 03:03 PM
What are the some of additional tax hikes for 2013 Tax Year? TaxGuru For 2013 2 02-25-2013 10:27 PM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning