Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2020, 07:24 PM
TaxGuru's Avatar
Tax Guru
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 2,417
Blog Entries: 3
Who must file 1099 Misc?

The basic rule is that you must file a 1099-MISC whenever you pay an unincorporated independent contractor ? that is, an independent contractor who is a sole proprietor or member of a partnership or LLC ? $600 or more in a year for work done in the course of your trade or business.

Find a CPA near you!

Ask TaxGuru Please refer to the legal disclaimer.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1099 misc file wrong construction Miscellaneous 3 03-07-2017 09:00 PM
Forgot to file 1099 misc momofthree Miscellaneous 1 03-05-2015 02:04 AM
Do I have to file schedule SE or C from 1099 Misc egmacrae Income 1 03-02-2014 02:22 PM
Where do you file your 1099-Misc reports in 2007? TaxGuru Miscellaneous 0 02-28-2008 03:02 PM
I Could Not File 1096 For Report Of 1099 Misc YOUNUS Miscellaneous 1 04-03-2007 12:57 PM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning

» Recent Tax Q&A
No Threads to Display.