Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-25-2017, 10:25 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1
Absent father wants to claim our child

My ex boyfriend and I share joint custody of our son. He moved across the country, and hasn't seen our son in 5 years, but he's been paying child support. There is no order in place to determine who claims our son. I assumed if he lives with me and his father has no contact with him, that I get to claim him. His father said that he intends to this year. Can he do that?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can I claim a child tax credit of previous year 2011 now in 2014, which I did not claim on 2011 as my son does not have ITIN purilokesh For 2011 8 03-31-2015 10:11 PM
If same-sex spouses (who file using the married filing separately status) have a child, which parent may claim the child as a dependent TaxGuru For 2013 0 02-10-2014 06:10 PM
Divorce decree says husband can claim child as dependant - child turned 18, now wife says she is claiming son - Help. MacieRayne Divorce Tax Issues 2 02-07-2014 01:03 PM
can i claim a child i have guardianship over deena18 Miscellaneous 0 01-16-2014 12:34 AM
Can I claim the child care tax? YogaMom Tax Credit 1 11-05-2013 03:24 AM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning

» Recent Tax Q&A
No Threads to Display.