Welcome Guest. Register Now!  

Alabama AL

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-01-2012, 01:23 PM
TaxGuru's Avatar
Tax Guru
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 2,400
Blog Entries: 3
Alabama Department of Revenue (ADOR) announced "Penalty Relief Available to Certain Taxpayers"!

Per the Alabama Department of Revenue, (ADOR) "certain penalties would be waived for taxpayers whose 2011 estimated tax payments were insufficient due to the recent “gross income regulation” rule change.

The “gross income regulation” was an amendment to three income tax regulations that require Alabama resident taxpayers to include in their Alabama gross income their distributable share of partnership, limited liability Company, and s-corporation income derived from both in-state and out-of-state activities.

Prior to the administrative rule change, the existing gross income tax regulation allowed residents to apportion income from partnerships, limited liability companies, and scorporations, and exclude non-Alabama source income from the tax base. Because the administrative rule change became effective during the 2011 tax year, the ADOR is offering relief to affected taxpayers who, after filing their 2011 annual individual income tax return, are billed for underestimation tax penalties.

Generally, the underestimation tax penalty is applied if the amount a taxpayer owes is over $500 and the taxpayer’s prepaid taxes do not equal at least 90 percent of the taxpayer’s current tax liability or 100 percent of the taxpayer’s prior-year tax. Taxpayers affected by the gross income tax rule and who receive a penalty billing from the ADOR should contact the department’s Individual and Corporate Tax Division by telephone at 334-242.1011 or by email at [email protected]."

Find a CPA near you!

Ask TaxGuru Please refer to the legal disclaimer.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Reddit! stumble!bookmark in google!Share on Facebook!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IRS gives transitional relief to Form 8937, "Report of Organizational Actions Affecting Basis of Securities" filers! TaxGuru General 0 01-17-2012 11:50 AM
Does an employer have to certify an employee with the Alabama Department of Revenue (ADOR) by proving the unemployment status of the employee? TaxGuru Alabama 0 07-13-2010 08:45 PM
Which Taxpayers qualify for the "Innocent Spouse Relief?" TaxGuru Divorce Tax Issues 0 01-22-2010 07:45 AM
Alabama State increases the "Standard Deduction" for 2008. TaxGuru Alabama 0 10-05-2008 10:50 AM
IRS reminds taxpayers that all "Income from Abroad" must be reported! TaxGuru Income 0 07-27-2008 08:32 PM

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Google Buzz Rss Feeds

» Categories
 » Income
 » IRA/Sep
 » Medical
 » Payroll
Forum for CPAs
Financial Planning